Friday, September 25, 2009

Running In the Rain

Yesterday, Kruizer went for his first official run. Actually, its was more like a run, walk, run, then walk again, so no harm done to his young bones.

The funny thing was that he really didn't know what to do at first. Couped up over the last few days because of bad weather, he was full of vim and vigor. So when I started running, he'd bound in front of me, flipping and jumping, ready for a game of catch or some other fun. When he fully assessed the situation, I swear I saw a look of disappointment on his face -- especially when I would slow to a snail's pace to try desperately to catch my breath (yes, its been a very long time since I last ran too.)

He finally got used to the new routine and both runner and dog had a nice outing. The light drizzle and cool weather made it even more relaxing. Hopefully we'll make a habit of this in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. We'd like to share your story on Autisable.com. Please touch base with us if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete